If you have been noticing that your air conditioner has not been working as efficiently as it should be, you may be wondering whether it makes sense to replace it in late summer or if you should hang in until next spring. It can be tempting to want to hang onto an older model unit so that you can get every ounce of usage out of it before you get a replacement, but this is probably not the best choice. In a situation where you have real concerns that your system needs to be replaced, now is not too late to replace your air conditioner.
Why You Should Replace Your Air Conditioner in Late Summer
- Your older model air conditioner can break down at any time.
- There is still plenty of hot weather ahead and unless you are prepared to take the chance of being suddenly without air conditioning, you may want to choose to have the unit replaced at a time that is convenient for you.
- A newer unit is less likely to need extensive (and expensive) repairs.
- Rather than spending money on several repairs for an older air conditioner, you will likely be better off investing in a new system that will probably cost less in the long run.
- Newer air conditioner systems are more energy efficient.
- An older air conditioner will likely have worn-down parts that will need to work harder to keep your home cool. You may even notice that your home has some spots that are warmer or cooler than others. Upgrading to a more energy-efficient model will help you save money on your energy bill.
- A new air conditioner system will probably cost more next spring.
The longer you wait to make a decision to upgrade your air conditioner system, the more it will likely cost you to buy it. If you need an air conditioner, the best time to buy one is now!
Contact Air Depot at 281-477-3700 to discuss your new air conditioner needs today. We can help you find the right size and type for your home so that you can keep your cool for the rest of the summer.